Dr. Embury of West Seneca offers Juvederm as a minimally invasive way to help your face look younger. Juvederm adds volume to your skin. It is a nonsurgical treatment for filling in wrinkles, smoothing lines around your mouth, or plumping your lips.
What Is Juvederm®
Juvederm is a dermal filler that treats facial wrinkles, lines, and folds. It is a formulation of hyaluronic acid gel. The human body naturally produces hyaluronic acid to add moisture to the eyes, skin, and joints. Skin cells contain almost fifty percent of the hyaluronic acid in our bodies. But as we age, hyaluronic acid decreases, and skin wrinkles and lines increase. The hyaluronic acid in Juvederm binds to water and expands to produce these results:
- Add volume to smooth away wrinkles and folds
- Increase skin elasticity and moisture
- Soften skin texture
What Is the Process?
Before your Juvederm treatment begins, your first appointment will be a consultation with Dr. Embury. He will review your medical and prescription history to ensure this treatment is right for you. Also, Dr. Embury will answer your questions, listen to your aesthetic goals, and explain the procedure and results you can expect.
If you are a Juvederm candidate, you can expect the following:
- Dr. Embury will examine your face to determine the best injection points for the results you want.
- We will take pictures of your face for before-and-after treatment comparisons.
- We will cleanse your skin and sterilize the injection sites.
- After marking the sites, we will numb your skin with a topical anesthetic cream.
- Dr. Embury will perform a series of quick, tiny injections for 15 to 30 minutes. Your treatment time will depend on your aesthetic goals and the areas that require attention.
- We will cleanse your skin after treatment.
What Can You Expect After Juvederm Treatment?
Facial skin is sensitive, so after Juvederm treatment, you might experience some of these temporary symptoms:
- Redness or other discoloration
The discomfort should diminish in a few days. Before you leave our office, we will review post-treatment instructions with you.
How Long Do Juvederm Results Last?
You will start seeing results immediately after treatment. Juvederm treatment can last six to twelve months. Then, follow-up treatments are needed once or twice yearly to maintain the results. But as new collagen builds up in your skin over time, you may need follow-up treatments less often.
These before-and-after pictures show how Juvederm adds volume to the skin and smooths away creases and lines. The result is a more youthful face.
Schedule a Juvederm Consultation
If you are interested in a non-invasive way to add volume to your face, schedule a consultation with Dr. Embury. He is trained and experienced in providing Juvederm treatment. Call us to schedule your appointment or complete our Request an Appointment form.