Welcome to the social blog for Dr. Carl Embury Sedation and Cosmetic Dentistry! Our top priority for this blog is to provide you with the latest tips and information for achieving and maintaining a healthy, beautiful smile.
Dr. Embury and his skilled team of professionals provide the highest standard of dental care and have over 25 years of experience in this field. We share that experience here through articles covering:
- General oral health
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Holistic dentistry
- Sedation dentistry
- Dental implants
- Sleep apnea
- And more!
In between your visits to our office, we encourage you to check out the latest dental information here on our site. We hope you find it beneficial and invite you to leave your comments and suggestions for future posts here on the blog!
- Does Mouth Breathing Cause Dental Problems? - Sleeping with your mouth open is often linked to snoring, but does mouth breathing cause dental problems too? If you’re guilty of this unconscious habit, you may be affecting your oral health. What causes mouth breathing at night? While most people breathe in and out through their noses, there are those who are known as […]
- What You Need to Know About the Dental Implant Recovery Process - When faced with replacing a tooth or several teeth, many turn to dental implants. If you are considering it but are a little unsure about the dental implant recovery process, here’s what you need to know. What are Dental Implants? Dental implants mimic your real teeth in that they look, feel, and function like your […]
- Best Treatments for Teeth Sensitivity - If a sip of hot tea or a taste of ice cream makes you wince, you may be suffering from teeth sensitivity. According to the Academy of General Dentistry, about 40 million Americans experience some form of tooth sensitivity. So, if brushing or flossing has been causing you some pain, you’re not alone. Teeth sensitivity […]
- Report Finds Dentists Are Reporting a Low Rate of COVID-19: Here’s Why - If you’ve been wondering if it’s safe to go to the dentist during a pandemic, this may help. A new survey by the American Dental Association shows that dentists are reporting a low rate of COVID-19. In fact, less than 1 percent of dentists nationwide have tested positive for COVID-19. This result is far below […]
- What Your Tongue Can Tell You About Your Health - As a kid, we used it to express our displeasure with something or someone. We often use it to wipe up dripping ice cream cones. And it’s a great taste tester to help us ward off bitter foods. What is it? Our tongue. And without it, we couldn’t eat or talk. But did you know […]