Botox® Cosmetic gets rid of laugh lines, frown lines, and all the unwanted creases and wrinkles in between. In West Seneca, Dr. Embury uses this minimally invasive, nonsurgical treatment to produce natural-looking results that will help you look younger.
What Is Botox Cosmetic?
Botox is a purified-protein prescription medication that blocks nerve impulses in specific facial muscles that, after repeated contraction, create wrinkles and lines. It smooths existing creases and wrinkles and can prevent new ones from developing.
What Is the Botox Process?
Before you receive Botox treatment, you will have a consultation with Dr. Embury to discuss your goals. He will review your medical history to ensure you are a candidate for this treatment. Then, Dr. Embury will explain the risks, as well as the results you can expect.
During treatment, you can expect the following:
- We will cleanse and sanitize your face.
- Dr. Embury will mark the treatment areas.
- He will apply quick, virtually painless injections to the marked areas. The discomfort is brief and minimal.
- A treatment session only takes 10 to 15 minutes, and injections only last a few seconds.
What Can You Expect After Botox Treatment?
After Botox treatment, any side effects that you experience will be mild and temporary. Some patients have slight bruising around the injection areas, but it will quickly fade. Also, temporary weakness of nearby muscles may occur. After treatment, you will be able to resume your everyday activity.
When Will You See Results?
You will begin to see results within one week of Botox treatment.
- Improvement continues for 30 days.
- The results will last three to six months.
- You must repeat treatment two to three times a year to maintain the results.
- Results are not as dramatic for patients over 65.
Research suggests that long-term use of Botox Cosmetic helps follow-up treatments last longer, so, over time, you might need fewer treatments.
Schedule a Botox Consultation
If you are interested in a nonsurgical treatment that relaxes your facial appearance and looks natural, schedule a consultation with Dr. Carl Embury. Call us to schedule your consultation or request an appointment online.